Small walk through chronobiology
The Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine was awarded in 2017 to three Americans: Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young. They were awarded for research in the field of chronobiology, which deals with the biological rhythms of the human body. "They were able to look into our internal biological clocks and explain how they work," the Carolinian Institute said in its rationale. In humans, the so-called circadian rhythm (with a 24 hour period) affects key functions such as sleep, behavior, hormone levels, body temperature or metabolism. Former Chairwoman of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Helena Illnerová was the first in the world to discover the dependence of the function of biological clocks in the brain of mammals on the length of the day during the seasons. This new field is called chronobiology.
Back to the luminaires
There are more than 20 billion luminaires in the world, most of which include conventional or halogen lamps. Today, these luminaires achieve an average electrical energy conversion efficiency of 40 lm / W. High-end electronics controlled fluorescent lamps have an efficiency of 80 lm / W. Because the fluorescent lamp is an omnidirectional source, it loses up to 50% of the luminous flux directly in the luminaire because it also shines upwards. The final efficiency of the whole recessed fluorescent lamps is only 60 lm / W.
In contrast, LED lighting offers countless advantages:
- the chromatic spectrum of our LEDs is close to that of sunlight. Better than a light bulb that does not have a blue component of color. Unlike fluorescent lamps, LED lighting has no stroboscopic effect. It doesn't blink.
- it has a lower failure rate, no faulty choke, no starter flashing
- has a several times longer service life. Today normally over 100 000 hours. That's twenty-five years.
- has much higher efficiency. Compared to conventional light bulbs up to 15 times higher. Today commonly over 160 lm / W
- it has a much lower negative impact on the environment. It does not contain mercury like fluorescent lamps, it does not contain heavy metals.
All these advantages is a well-known advantage. Most LED luminaire manufacturers state these facts. And most users know these facts.
However, SOLACERA luminaires have other indisputable advantages:
We have developed a light source that copies the natural sunlight properties for the indoor environment and brings positive effects on eye comfort and human health. We have been able to create luminaires that focus on human needs using innovative technology that will deliver full spectrum light, luminaires that do not negatively affect the human circadian cycle. The result was achieved using new technology and new techniques other than are used with conventional LED luminaires.
When switching on SOLACERA luminaires, prepare for an inspiring interior environment in which the light is indistinguishable from daylight. Dynamic lighting mimics the natural rhythm of day and night to which our bodies respond. By positively affecting your biological clock, it stimulates well-being and keeps you alert and fresh.
In addition to automatically changing chromaticity, SOLACERA luminaires have other features. They can successfully disinfect the environment in hospitals in hotels, canteens or in areas such as public toilets. SOLACERA luminaires automatically reduce their power consumption when the sun shines into the room.
When using our luminaires in school classrooms, it is precisely thanks to procognitive biologically optimized illumination that the attention and ability of intellectual cognition of pupils is increased. With our lighting method, which is designed to perfectly imitate natural daylight, pupils achieve better results with standardized focusing tests. At the same time, the speed and quality of their work will increase significantly.
- saving el.en. up to 90% fluorescent
- automatic light output control
- automatic disinfection of illuminated areas
- automatic chromaticity change depending on the time of day
- no electromagnetic interference
- no inrush current
- A power factor (cos phi) greater than 0,9
- the intensity of the light does not decrease with time
- service life of more than 25 years of operation
Ing. Libor Kužel
+420 732 573 767
SOLACERA GEN s.r.o.
Science and Technology Park of Palacký University
Šlechtitelů 813/21, Holice
779 00 Olomouc